1.30.2008

RESPONSE

First of all, I just want to say that I was absolutely amazed at what everyone produced, and like Kirby said, it was all so wonderfully different. Jenn, I looked at your layout for the Centro Latino feature and I couldn't get over how beautiful it was! After seeing that, I can't wait to begin trying to incorporate more white space into my own designs.
The Graphic Design reading for class was also pretty inspiring. I loved the Art Deco pages because of what the book called, its "effeciency and elegance." That's how I would describe Jenn's design, efficient and elegant.

Also, I just got my latest copy of NYLON in the mail. With my eyes opened to the prospect of white space, I really enjoyed seeing how their pages were clean and fresh, but still super edgy. (especially when you compare other magazines kind of known for their white space, like Real Simple or something like that.) NYLON also takes some chances with the design of their typography, which, in a lot of places, is similar to what Andrea used for her Red Tape cover design. I really liked her use of it though because it reiterated the kind of hard cut lines of scissors by omitting the curves and roundness of the central part of the letters (I forget what that is called right now! I'll edit once I find out!)

No comments: