3.05.2008

CRITIQUE #6





COVERS

Ok, here are my three cover options for FLUX (ReadyMade 2). I think the very first one has the youngest feel to it. I also think the color palette of the image itself could be brightened up a bit. Anyway, I decided on an illustration (photoshopped from a ClipArt photo) because I wanted it to have more of a construction/textured feel to it. (Also, the image in full color was incredibly cheesy.) I haven't quite put my finger on it for sure, but I feel like the second one posted is actually geared to the more mature end of our magazine's intended audience (I explain more below). I think that because of the content of the image itself. Obviously, nobody's dorm room is that big or that cool, so it's kind of more of an ideal first apartment theme going on. I tried to bring a constructive feel to the typography to help hit on the themes I mentioned above. Finally, I feel like the last cover option is very different. In my presentation, I told my group that I wanted it to have more of an Urban Outfitters feel to it. It's messier, but still has that construction vibe. I wanted it to appeal to the hipster artist, perhaps? If you've got a favorite of the three, don't hesitate to let me know!

2 comments:

LED said...

I love your Flux covers. I agree that the photoshopping you did gives it a textured look, which is perfect for the magazine.

Kirby Moore said...

I absolutely love your covers. I think you accomplished the look you were going for and the cover seems to reallly fit the tone of the magazine.