4.02.2008

CRITIQUE #9




I was in the cover group for the story in white collar crime. I don't know that I've ever had a harder time with any assignment than this one! You can see an example of one of the three covers that I had created before we decided to get images. I wanted to kind of blend the idea of a white collar business man with a criminal by using a combination of symbols associated w/ both, hence the tie and the orange-jumpsuit colored background. In later renditions of the cover, I kept the whole orange theme going strong. (I think I have a thing for orange covers b/c I did the same thing w/ that crazy T/F tree!) Designing these covers was also a bit crazy because of spring break. You wouldn't think so, but internet it ridiculously hard to come by in Vegas. At least at the Luxor hotel. Haha! But seriously, they wanted either $15 a day, which would have come to about $45 for the few days I was there, or they wanted $100 up front if you knew you would want it the whole time (they would later reimburse you if your daily total would not have been greater than that ... but still!) So without that, it was hard to get the neccessary info/feedback from Kristin, which accounts for the sort of lack of inspiration as well as my complete ignorance about who the heck was in the photos that I was trying to manipulate so dutifully. I don't know why I thought this, but I just sort of assumed the guy in the photos was a criminal who had been caught. Haha, how stupid! Needless to say, I did NOT get picked! Oh well, maybe next time. Until then, go Paula!

1 comment:

Nothing said...

Love the tie thing. You are scary creative, Kaitlin. Scary creative.