4.02.2008

RESPONSE #9

This is the craziest design week of my life! (And I'm sure it probably is for you, too!) I feel like I've got to type it all out here, just so I can make sure I'm not forgetting something. So let's see, we've got the Katy/Columbia Home logos for tomorrow, book covers due monday, Meredith prototypes due tuesday, art due on the server by tuesday at 11 and then our Web sites for Tuesday as well. I'm praying that's all, but I'm sure I'm forgetting something! (haha, what happened to this class being front-loaded?) But seriously, even though I'm designing like mad, I'm not sure I've ever liked design more than I do right now. (maybe not all the deadline pressure, but design itself.) I can't get over how exciting it is to try my hand at new areas of design, such as logos, book covers and Web design. Unfortunately, though, with all the deadlines flying about, there are definitely some areas where I feel like I simply can't find enough time. For instance, I've really devoted a lot of my time to the Meredith prototype at the expense of my Web site. A lot of that has to do with the fact that I'm still pretty intimidated by dreamweaver, but especially by flash. I've got my concept going and I feel like I've made quite a bit of headway, but I know it probably wont be near as cool as other people's in the class. Right now, I'm gunning for getting it done, but then really fine-tuning after the prototype is even more under control. That said, I can't wait to see everyone's prototypes and Web sites! We're almost there!

No comments: