4.16.2008
Response/Critique #11
Whew! I cannot believe we are here! For everything that we've talked about and how stressed we've been, it is amazing to have the Meredith project checked off the list. I never thought the day would come. Granted, I've had a great time doing it (and my group was completely awesome!). In terms of a critique, I'm actually very nervous about how Flux will be recieved. I found it relatively easy to put a voice/overall tone to the design, but at the same time, I hope my interpretation isn't too off. I worry that it's too childish, too crazy, too this or too that. I also feel like I learned a ton from the experience. I thought the critiques w/ John were incredibly insightful. I was just amazed at how much he caught even the slightest of detail, but it really made sense. I was actually really excited to go back in and make the changes he was talking about because I know it just made Flux come together even more. (But i'm totally w/ you Meredith, it was hard to hear parts of your baby getting picked on!) I don't envy Kristin at all ... I just can't imagine what it must take to organize quadruple the designers for weekly (weekly!) issues. I would die. Ok, maybe I wouldn't die, but I definitely feel like Meredith was super exhausting. At the same time, it has taught me so much. I was telling my mom actually that I will probably never have as much creative freedom again in my life, so I tried to enjoy every last bit of it. Unfortunately though, that means I've neglected my feature on the normalcy of gay life quite a bit in this last week. That is something that I think I've blogged about before, the not always being able to balance everything. Meredith just had to take top priority this past week.Now I've got to really buckly down and concentrate on this for the next week because I really want this to be a great feature. I want people to want to read it so that they can learn as much as I have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment