2.20.2008

CRITIQUE #4 (continued)






This was one of my other cover options. The one above was what I presented initially. My concept began with using pull elements from the Web site, such as color scheme and the constructivist influenced bars of solid color, to kind of add an element of cohesion for people who are interested in seeking out all forms of media to gather more information about the festival. I had the words True False streaming throughout the background to emulate the fluidity of film, but then also to represent the layered nature of what it means to really get at the truth. I'm not really sure if that even makes sense, but I knew what I was thinking at the time! The cover below is a result of the in-class critique. Instead of repeating True False in the background, the editors provided the idea of making it even more content-based by using the movie titles themselves. I loved the idea and thought it turned out pretty good. They also suggested I play with different color combinations. I chose orange and blue because they seemed relatively different in terms of the usual color scheme for true false, which is red and black, but yet they were still complimentary colors, which, to me, conveys the opposing nature of True and False in a less obvious sort of way.

No comments: