2.13.2008

RESPONSE #3

I found the trip to Meredith to be pretty enlightening. Obvsiously one of my favorite parts was the cover design critique session. While I was there, I definitely had my favorites. However, after looking through all of the creative covers produced for Metropoli, I realized just how formulaic covers can often be. Because they are so important, I think it is definitely neccessary to agonize over what will appear on the cover. For the most part, I felt like everything we saw at Meredith was safe - beautiful, but safe - so much so that I now wonder how much oomph they will have on the newsstand. Then again, safe might be exactly what their readers want/need. I have to say, I was not a fan of the image of the pantry or cupboard or whatever it was for the special issue on organization. Although it was different, and highlighted some great ideas, I felt like the image itself seemed somewhat chaotic. I think the same idea could have definitely worked if they used a different image.

No comments: