2.27.2008

CRITIQUE #5



So, I didn't have anything for VOX this week, but I did do a poster for the Missouri Association of Publications. I was actually inspired by one of the pieces I looked at for my historical perspectives project, which was a very modern/constructivist splash page created by Samuel Antupit, Esquire's art director from 1964-1968. I wanted it to be very bold, but after seeing some of everyone's work in class the other day, I want to start trying to layer my text a bit more to give it more dimension.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful!

LED said...

I agree. Your poster is great. I've realized that turning type at an angle is something I don't think I've ever done before. It works really well for your poster.

Anne said...

Your MAP poster is very nicely done. I love how the A and the diagonal line are alined. I can easily see this as a poster somewhere.