I found this video on the blog I'm tracking for class. http://www.panopticist.com/archives/718.html
(I'm still kind of figuring this out, but if you click on the title of my post, it should direct you to the video.)
It's a tribute to Paul Rand, the incredible graphic designer of the IBM and UPS logos, etc. that we talked about in magazine design. In addition to having wonderful illustrations, the video features a running clip of Paul speaking about his design aesthetics. I think what he says is really informative and inspiring, especially in light of what Kirby had mentioned on her blog about designing what you love, and not necessarily just what "they" think will sell. I also really liked what he said about content and form. After the hockey feature this week, I absolutely agree that they must balance each other, or be equal, in order for the design to work.
*It took the video a while to load, but I think it's definitely worth it.
2.13.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment